Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Yes, I am a geek

Ok, I confess... I am a geek. I love geek stuff. I love gadgets, I can install a hard drive without even thinking about it, I am a gamer, and I go into withdrawl shakes if I am not online for at least a couple hours a day. The only thing I don't have is that social ineptness that many geeks have, and that annoying laugh that makes you embarrassed for them. Wait... I do have a 'unique' laugh, although I don't snort that often and it makes others laugh too. Uh oh. Oh man. So much for that thought.

But one thing I love without embarrassment are gadgets. I love the cool things that come out. But not the junk. Not the plastic gadgets you can get on TV for 19.99 - BUT WAIT, that's not all! I hate junk. What I love usually ends up being on the expensive side. I may want it, but don't have it. When it comes down to putting down the cash for something I had better have a use for it, or it stays on the shelf.

Most of the stuff I have been looking at lately is stuff that I can take and use on the boat somehow. Everything in my life seems to be looked at through cruising glasses. I was just webbing through the google store and found a cool gadget. I have no use for it now, but I might in some foreign country when I need my online fix.

Its called the 'Wireless Hotspot Finder' I guess you walk around with it like you would a radiation detector and look for a strong wireless signal. I guess this lets you walk around and if you happen to find a wireless network 'out there' you can just plug right in. Right on. Now I just need to get myself a laptop. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home