Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Oven mitts

I found this blog entry on an old private blog I was doing for myself back in June, and I thought I would move the post here, since it is relevant.

I am reading the book 'Write It Down, Make It Happen' by Henriette Anne Klauser. In chapter 5 titled 'Addressing fears and feelings' she is writing about a journal kept by a woman, who unknownst to herself she was making small steps to her goal.

I want to do that about sailing. I want to buy a sailboat and sail around the world, visiting cultures and all that. I was thinking of what small steps I have made.

Yesterday, I made one more step...well, more of a scuff of my foot. I went to one of the big chain kitchen stores and picked up a pair of silicone oven mitts (just fits over my fingers). I needed to replace the cloth ones I had that were burnt and tended to let my fingers do the same. I know these sound strange, but they are small, good up to 500degrees F, foldable and washable. Perfect for having on a boat. So, one more little step for me, I just need to get tupperware now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home