Monday, December 20, 2004

So what started this craziness?

This blog is a travel blog. Well...it's a virtual travel blog for now. It's hard to have a travel blog, when you don't do much traveling.

My husband, Michael, and I want to become cruisers. This type of cruiser has nothing to do with cars or clubs. It has everything to do with sailboats. Michael and I plan to buy a sailboat, move aboard with our kids and sail off to some little known part of the world - if there are any left. It’s a very real and wonderful dream for us both. But right at this moment, we are landlocked in the middle of Colorado.

My husband's job brought us out from the state of Washington, to Colorado. We went from oceans, rain forests and our fairly secluded family property to plains, mountains and the very busy suburbs. It was supposed to be a 2 year stint. That was 5 years ago. We are still trying to get back.

We didn't always have this cruising dream. Michael was working a huge amount of hours and we both needed a break. The seed was planted in about the summer of 2002. We wanted to have a fun vacation with the kids so while surfing the net, Michael happened to run across information about Navajo Lake State Park. We lucked out and were able to get a houseboat for a couple of days.

One of my most cherished memories is sitting on the roof of that houseboat, Michael sitting next to me, a book in my lap, and the pink and orange colors of the sunset showing over the wall of the canyon. Wow! I was hooked and wanted more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home